DOĞUŞ UNIVERSITY CLARIFICATION TEXT FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS’ APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
1- About the Data Controller
According to the Personal Data Protection Law no. 6698 (hereinafter referred to as “PDPL”), Doğuş University (hereinafter referred to as “UNIVERSITY”) is the data controller because it processes your personal data.
We process the personal data of yours, the relevant person’s, in the way described below and within the bounds required by the legislation. As data controllers are responsible for notifying real persons of whom they process the personal data of certain issues according to item 10 of the law, which regulates its clarification requirement, we would like to notify you of our procedure of personal data processing
2- Your Personal Data to be Processed, Causes of Action for Processing and Processing Purposes
Personal Data Subject to be Processed by International Affairs Office;
• Foreign Students’ Application Procedure for Undergraduate or Associate Degree (Name/Surname, Passport Details (Duration of Validity, Place of Issue), Passport Number, Sex, Birth Date/Place, Photo, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number, Address Details, Nationality/Dual Nationality (whether it is possessed or not), Details of the Desired Program, Level of Education/Graduation Date/Degree, Official Names of School/College/University and their Countries, Program/Department, Language of Education, Details of Major, Work Status, Reference Letter Details, Details of Certificates, Details of Letter of Intent, Way of Access for Information on Application, Copy of Diploma, Copy of Transcript, Equivalence Certificate (if any), Copy of Passport
• Foreign Students’ Registration Procedure for Undergraduate or Associate Degree (Name/Surname, Birth Date/Place, Foreign Citizen Number, Signature, Nationality/Dual Nationality (whether it is possessed or not), Photo, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number, Level of Education (Associate/Undergraduate/Graduate/PhD), Details of Major/Program, First Language (whether it is English or not), Details of Exam Dates and Results for those having TOEFL/CAE/CPE/PTE Scores, The Name of the High School/College completed, along with its Country, for Undergraduate or Associate Degree Application, The Name of the University completed, along with its Country, for Graduate or PhD Degree Application, Bank Receipt Details, The Name/Branch of the Bank along with the Details of Amount/IBAN No, Master Copy of Diploma, Master Copy of Equivalence Certificate, Master Copy of Transcript, Copy of Passport
• Foreign Students’ Application Procedure for Graduate or PhD Degree (Name/Surname, Passport Details (Duration of Validity, Place of Issue), Passport Number, Sex, Birth Date/Place, Photo, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number, Address Details, Nationality/Dual Nationality (whether it is possessed or not), Details of the Desired Program, Level of Education/Graduation Date/Degree, Official Names of School/College/University along with their Countries, Program/Department, Language of Education, First Language, Details of Major, Work Status, Reference Letter Details, Details of Certificates, Details of Letter of Intent, Way of Access for Information on Application, Copy of Diploma, Copy of Transcript, Copy of Diploma Recognition Document, Copy of Passport
• Foreign Students’ Registration Procedure for Graduate or PhD Degree (Name/Surname, Passport Details (Duration of Validity, Place of Issue), Birth Date/Place, Photo, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number, Address Details, Nationality/Dual Nationality (whether it is possessed or not), Details of the Desired Program, , Level of Education/Graduation Date/Degree, Official Names of School/College/University along with their Countries, Details of Major/Program, Language of Education, First Language, Work Status, Details of Certificates, Way of Access for Information on Application, Master Copy of Diploma, Master Copy of Transcript, Master Copy of Diploma Recognition Document, Copy of Passport
• Foreign Students’ Application Procedure for Undergraduate or Associate (Name/Surname, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number)
• Foreign Students’ Application Procedure for Graduate or PhD Degree (Name/Surname, E-mail Address, Mobile Phone Number)
In relation to your status as a foreign national, your personal data is processed with the purposes of determining and certificating the foreign language level; evaluating and documenting the required qualifications for the students to receive acceptance from the program they apply for; creating a document with “sender institution” title, which is to be presented by the student in person to the relevant embassy, and submitting it to the student; creating documents such as acceptance letter and submitting them to the student; implementing the transactions to be practiced within the scope of teaching and learning legislation during study period; planning, reporting and tracking tuition collection procedures and making payments; planning and enforcing the processes related to student status in order that teaching and learning activities can be performed pursuant to Higher Education Law and related secondary legislations and contacting the student when considered necessary; pursuing the communication processes related to teaching and learning activities together with the students and making announcements/notifications; protecting and the rights and obligations of the students receiving education in the relevant academic units/departments within the university and ensuring that they are practiced; performing the legal obligations within the context of occupational health and safety and taking the necessary precautions; protecting the safety of life and property of all the stakeholders of the university or fulfilling the requirements or demands claimed by judicial bodies or competent administrative institutes besides conforming to the laws within this scope; saving the user internet access traces/logs collected through systems like student information system (OBS) and www.dogus.edu.tr and transferring them to data processing infrastructures for such purposes by taking legal precautions; exercising and archiving the legal obligations in electronic or physical media; evaluating and finalizing the official requests of the already registered students who would like to exempt from the courses they have taken in other higher education institutes; performing distance education processes; conducting adviser services for student clubs; conducting adviser services for such processes as preparing a project, thesis or assignment; implementing the verdicts put forward by courts and bailiff’s/enforcement offices or miscellaneous state institutions or organizations; evaluating exam achievement results and performing the relevant procedures; evaluating the objections regarding the marking of exams and performing the relevant procedures; evaluating the applications of excuse made by the student and performing the relevant procedures; receiving and evaluating the requests and complaints made by the students; delivering the documents sent to the name of the student in various forms such as cargo, package and notice to the relevant student; creating a student identity card and carrying out its delivery, renewing it in case of loss within the scope of the personal data processing terms stated in the items 5/2 a) “it must be clearly set forth in the law” ç) “it must be obligatory for the data controller to perform its legal obligation” e) “it must be obligatory to process the data for establishing, exercising, and protecting a right” and f) “it must be obligatory to process the data for the legitimate interests of the data controller on the condition that the fundamental rights and freedoms of the relevant person are not harmed”, which pertain to 5/2 of the law no. 6698.
3- Transferring Your Personal Data
Storing the collected personal data in a domestic server for the mere purpose of storing or sending them to the relevant state institutions and organizations if an administrative or criminal investigation or a case is opened on the basis of a conflict within the scope of the relevant teaching and learning activities, can be exemplified as transactions for transferring personal data.
In the case of a claim made within this scope, we can transfer your personal data to the state institutions cited in the law (primarily but not limited to Ministry and Presidency boards, Higher Education Institution, Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities, Immigration Authority) in accordance with the principles and constraints proposed by the law.
We can transfer the relevant personal data for the purposes of settling legal disputes, prosecuting or maintaining judicial processes or meeting a legal or juridical liability to authorized public enterprises and agencies that are stated in the laws as required by the relevant legislation and private persons with statutory power and/or the relevant law enforcement officers or our contracted lawyers who pursue our judicial processes.
We would like to emphasize that while operating and transferring the personal data we take administrative and technical measures to maintain their safety and security to the reasonable extent permitted by technical resources
4- The Methods of Collecting Personal Data
Your personal data are collected through automatic, partially automatic, or non-automatic transactions such as “Final Registration Form” completion, registration on apply.dogus.edu.tr, electronic mail correspondence including the soft copy attachments of the printed documents sent to the corporate e-mail addresses of the staff working at International Affairs Office, or correspondence through university’s information systems, e-mail services, Higher Education Information Systems (YÖKSİS).
5- As the Relevant Person What are Your Rights as Stated in Item 11 of PDBL?
As the owners of the personal data, if you submit requests regarding your rights to our institution by choosing any method that you desire among those we state below, the institution completes your request as soon as possible or within thirty days at the latest for free of charge, depending on its nature. However, if the request requires an extra cost, the tariff amount determined by the Personal Data Protection Board of our University is collected.
As a person whose personal data is processed, you own rights (of inquiring about personal data processing, requesting information about the process, inquiring about the utility of the process, knowing who conducts the transfer, requesting a correction in incomplete or faulty processing, or deletion or eradication, demanding notification of all automatic transactions for third parties, objecting the analysis and demanding compensation for the loss) as stated in Item 11 of the law, which regulates the rights of the relevant person.
You can submit your appeals regarding your rights stated in Item 11 of the law with the necessary evidence confirming your identity and your request letter including your statements regarding the right you claim to exercise by filling in the Personal Data Owner Appeal Form at www.dogus.edu.tr and handing in a signed copy of the form to the address “Doğuş Üniversitesi, Osb Mah, Nato Yolu Cd 265/ 1, 34775 Ümraniye/İstanbul” (Contact Number: 444 79 97) in person, sending it through a notary public or via email to email@example.com or through the other methods stated in PDBL or sending it as an email attachment with a secured electronic signature to firstname.lastname@example.org. To get further information about the ways and methods of appeal submission and content, you can view the text titled “The Exercise of the Rights of the Relevant Person as per PDBL” at www.dogus.edu.tr.
We notify as “Data Controller” within the scope of PDBL.